• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reommend change all fluids

Gruemeyer

HI .

my M109 just recently arrived from auction.. Would you guys recommend that all the filters and fluids be changed?

PS. I think I saw a filter kit Deuce for sale some where on line

smoke

I would go through and change all the fluids and filter. It's peace of mind and a good start point for you to keep tract of it. Plus you don't know how long it been seating or serviced last. I would also drain fuel tank and flush it. And seen you are in there check the rubber hose on the fuel sending unit. Plus check the brake fluid. Just my2cents

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's your call, but I would suggest changing all filters and fluids. That way you will have the piece of mind of knowing what you have and/or finding anything wrong.

While your at it, you need to do a complete PMS on the beast...

The filter kit is in our classifieds.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Going through the axles should be first on your list. Check for bad bearings and make sure the brakes are in good working order. Those parts can cost you the most head aches.

KsM715

That would be "PMCS". Preventative Maint. Checks and Services

PMS is whole other headache in its own right

ryan77

I bought a complete filter set for mine off a member here! Comes with all of them and the seals! Makes it easier and there quality filters!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks