• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repainting my M923 !!!

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking to repaint my M923 the original tan color. What kind of paint should I use to get her back to her old self . Thought about changing colors but its starting to grow on me . Any suggestions would be much appreciated:popcorn: DSCN0108.jpgDSCN0103.jpg

212sparky

Re: Repainting my M923 Please help!!!

Rapco makes good paint. I used it on my deuce. Try searching the 5ton hotroding and mod forum or paint and body work forum. There has been lots of paint talk over the years. Good looking truck by the way. :beer:

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. Truck is in great shape except for a few spots of surface rust on the bed sides . Thought about putting some bigger tires on her but I don't know.
Rapco makes good paint. I used it on my deuce. Try searching the 5ton hotroding and mod forum or paint and body work forum. There has been lots of paint talk over the years. Good looking truck by the way. :beer:

Hello and how is everybody doing. I just was reading through some paint posts and wanted to ask if anyone had the Behr paint codes for the tan paint. I recently bought a gallon of paint for my MEP 003, Didn't exactly match after it dried. I took a piece of sheetmetal to HD and after several tries they got it close. When I showed them the paint codes I was able to get from here the people at HD told me they were old codes and no longer any good.
I want to paint my duece the desert tan color since I was in in the first gulf war. Can anybody post the new HD codes? Thanks, metalworker393

Iggy913

I second the vote for Rapco. I recently purchased an M923A2 which had a pretty recent CARC job on it, 3 color camo. I bought the assorted spray can box from Rapco (383 Green, 383 Brown, and Flat Black. I had just a few small areas to address, the colors are nearly identical. I would bet the "686 Tan CARC Substitute" from Rapco would do you very well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks