• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repainting the motor pool: TJCOUCH

Dave M38A1

Looking good, I like to see someone else also has a newer jeep, the M38A1 is running, when the new brakes are hooked up and I can drive it, I'll start the body work.

Dave

Dave M38A1

Looks real good, after all the prep work, it seems good to make progress that that you can really see. The last Jeep I took the body off the frame and the body is still on the rotisserie.

I was working on the M38A1 last night, I cleaned the frame with elbow grease and wire brush and preped it with PickleX20, like Ospho, it kills the rust and then I use red Zero-Rust as a primer covered with Gillespie. Seems to work well.
Official Distributor for Zero-Rust Paints Free Shipping on ALL internet orders. | Best solution for rust removal and cotrol
http://picklex20.com/

Pics comming soon.
Dave

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Seeing that mule "slung" under the tree reminds me of the mortar sections when I was in the 101stABN(Air assault)! They looked funny slung under a huey and even funnier under a blackhawk!

Looking good on the motor pool TJ :-D

tjcouch

sweet paint on the mule!

isnt it kinda glossy?
The paint is a little glossy . . . but I expect the Florida sun will tone it down a bit it short order . . .

Finished the M35 this weekend . . . . it kinda looked like a UN truck after I primed it.
Now I just need to line up all the toys and a row and have a stenciling party!

Attachments