• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REPAIRED near Roosevelt Lake AZ

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The She Beast just lost her water pump and it ate the Rad!
Anyone in the area that can drag me out of here?
I'm just south of Bachelor Cove, running solo and pulling a 105.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't tell me that you're not going to run out to your rig and head west ;)
Thanks for the title change.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice pecs Gimpy.
I pulled the rad and fan off then fired it up and did one of those crazy u-turns using the ditches of this little 2-lane, ran back to a pull-off over the lake.
CB can get me a rad and water pump from a buddy and will bring them out tomorrow, just need to call him back (now that my hands are clean)
Thanks for checking,

Just saw the post LowTech, I do have equipment that could pull you out however I don't have equipment to get it there. I hope CB can get you the stuff you need to get safely out. It's been down right hot here in Sedona, I only hope you are able to stay save in the low dessert heat!!!
Mark

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LowTech, good luck with your repair!!

Glad Castle Bravo is helping out, He has helped me out a number times.
He is going with me next week to pickup a M925A2 at Barstow.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CB is on his way, should be here any time now.
The one thing that concerns me a bit is the turbo. I did shut it down w/o letting it idle ;) I'd been running at 2000-2100 rpm, on mostly mild down-hill grades w/ a few climbs. She was reading around 200 on temp, and it has a D turbo.
Should I expect any probs?

AceHigh

The local reserve guy here brings trucks by for me to envy once in a while. He never gives them a cool down, just shuts them off. I bet you will be fine this time.

HOWEVER, your signature states "`72 M109A3 - (the "She Beast" :grin: a go anywhere Live-In rig)". That is incorrect, at least in your present predicament. Good luck on getting back on the road!

armytruck63

CB is on his way, should be here any time now.
The one thing that concerns me a bit is the turbo. I did shut it down w/o letting it idle ;) I'd been running at 2000-2100 rpm, on mostly mild down-hill grades w/ a few climbs. She was reading around 200 on temp, and it has a D turbo.
Should I expect any probs?
You will probably get away with this emergency shut down. You surely saved engine damage, which is much harder to fix than any damaged turbo.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dropped off a water pump, radiator, and some coolant and made it back home okay. Hopefully everything works out.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you CB and the man w/ the parts ,
We now have another rad & water pump, along w/ some coolant
Now I doing that thing that we do in the SW, . . . waiting, waiting for the sun to drop down some. The mid-day hiding from the sun . . . it's a tradition ;)

The local reserve guy here brings trucks by for me to envy once in a while. He never gives them a cool down, just shuts them off. I bet you will be fine this time.

HOWEVER, your signature states "`72 M109A3 - (the "She Beast" :grin: a go anywhere Live-In rig)". That is incorrect, at least in your present predicament. Good luck on getting back on the road!
So far we haven't found too many places that she won't go, . . . Sometimes it's hard getting her to leave again, . . . and sometimes she decides to stop places that weren't planning to, but that's just like any of the other beasties I've traveled w/ ;)

Of all the places she could have decided to stop, this is not a bad one.

I don't seem to be able to up-load photos from here, you'll just have to wait ;)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks