• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repairing an ASK box enclosure on an MEP-003

Kahles56

I was running a generator check on my MEP -003 today,
I hate mice,
I hate mice.
Did say that I HATE MICE!

THE unit spewed fiberglass for 45 min out of the 1.25 hours I ran the unit.

I have to run the unit with the ASK Kit due to the noise and neighbors where I live.
Now down too the question at hand,

What is the best repair material to use in repairing the fiber glass on these units,
Is there a cloth that can withstand the heat and survive a mouse munching on that I can overlay the existing black covering that is on the fiberglass? Kevlar cloth,? if availably?
HAS anyone used 3/4 in foam board repairing the panels, if so did it work?
I wish the Manufacturer had armored all of the glass material like they had when they made the doors for the ASK kit.

God I hate to take apart the ASK kit as it is a pain, but well worth the noise reduction.

Suggestions, flames, Ideas?

Thanks,
Ken, AKA Kahles56

Ray70

One of the best things I have used it the "cheap" 2' x 4' Drop ceiling tiles, the ones that are dense yellow fiberglass with a thin bumpy textured white layer on 1 side.
Just peel off the white layer and use the fiberglass board.
They are available at home depot and Lowes, but sometimes they don't sell them individually.
I have also used the bubble foil insulation, but prefer the fiberglass ceiling tiles by far.