• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replace anything extra while engine is out?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to be swapping out the engine in my M1078, because of the cracked block. The replacement engine is good, but also out of a mid-'90s truck. Is there anything I should go ahead and work on or replace, on the new engine, while it's out of the truck and easy to access? Seems like it might be a good time to replace some gaskets seals that go bad with age, like the rear main seal on the crankshaft, or similar.

Any advice?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, if I start using it for long hauls I'll definitely consider that. For now I just use it around town, and I've got this MTV engine coming.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Rear seal can't hurt but it takes a special tool and you don't want to find out you did it wrong when the truck is all put back together.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear seal can't hurt but it takes a special tool and you don't want to find out you did it wrong when the truck is all put back together.
True, though I could always talk to the guys down at the truck repair shop and see if I could pay one to come over with the tool and do it. Better than having it go, if that's common, and have to pull the engine out again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks