• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replaced fuel filters but need to prime

Jinx

I've been physically looking at my truck and TM's to no avail. I read that once the filters are replaced, I need to open a valve/petcock somewhere up near the engine to allow the in-tank fuel pump to prime the fuel lines. I can't for the life of me find this valve. Where should I be looking? A highlighted picture would be very helpful.

I tried disconnecting a fuel line by the injector pump only to find out my in-tank fuel pump is dead. It is not pumping anything, even at the outlet on the fuel tank. Once I get a new pump, I want to know the proper way to prime the fuel system.

As for the pump, it is getting power according to my voltmeter and the fuse is good. It's definitely dead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jinx

A picture.....
Here's a question about another part on that picture. I turned and accidentally removed the hex-head bolt seen on the lower left side. What is that for? It was spring loaded and sprung off. When I reinstalled it, I tightened it all the way down. In hind sight, I don't think it is supposed to be tightened all the way down.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May be a bypass valve...

Edit: When it opens, fuel goes back to the fuel tank. It is spring loaded and the nut should be tight and does not effect the calibration.

Last edited:

Jinx

May be a bypass valve...

Edit: When it opens, fuel goes back to the fuel tank. It is spring loaded and the nut should be tight and does not effect the calibration.
Excellent sir! Thank you for the help. I was a little worried because it was snug when I took it off, but definitely not tight.

calvin3103

A picture.....
i have a question i have replaced my fuel filters and do you keep the little air bleed screw open when cranking the engine to get the air out, or do you carnk then let the ari out till you can see fuel streaming out? im lost i dont have a manual i need some help . thanks

Jinx

Don't crank the engine to get the air out. Open the bleed screw, then turn the truck accessory switch to on without starting the truck. The in tank pump fuel pump will bleed the air out and pump the filters full of fuel. Once the air bleeder starts squirting fuel, close it.

There will be a tiny bit of air in the system after that. That's the point you crank over the truck. Each injector will bleed the last of the air and will start firing one by one until your truck is running again.

steelandcanvas

Open the bleed screw, then turn the truck accessory switch to on without starting the truck. The in tank pump fuel pump will bleed the air out and pump the filters full of fuel. Once the air bleeder starts squirting fuel, close it.
Just a suggestion, turn the accessory switch on first, then open the bleeder screw. This way you're in control of the fuel flow, and you won't be shooting fuel all over until you get to the bleeder screw. Just my 2cents.

Jinx

Just a suggestion, turn the accessory switch on first, then open the bleeder screw. This way you're in control of the fuel flow, and you won't be shooting fuel all over until you get to the bleeder screw. Just my 2cents.
Sure, if you want to do things the easy way. I for one like to get diesel all over my engine. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks