• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Fuel Guage

crazywelder72

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the stock fuel gauge with a non-military one? Besides 24 volts is there any specific important data that needs to be matched up to the sender?

My gauge decided to take a long nap today... so i am looking for a new one. ebay had them $50-$60. I didnt know what other choices were out there.

Lex_Ordo

New Star, is the commercial company that produces the reproduction guages. Every now and then you will find someone on eBay, that has NOS.
I was able to get a NOS for a HMMWV, which didn't fit 100%, due to the rear mounting screws being a bit too short, but I made it work.
Even as surplus, guages run around $40 - $50.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My gauge hasn't worked since I got the Draggin'. I have a dip stick painted in 2" stripes that I use . . . in those rare times when I let it go bellow the filler neck ;) Between that and always looking before and after I drive it I've never even felt that I needed a lieing fuel gauge, . . . and I do have a new sending unit that will go in . . . someday :)