• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement fuel lines, clear plastic?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not a great thread title. Makes searching for answers hard to do!

Because most guys just use DOT rated air hose. Be sure to get the ferrules that go inside the plastic for the nuts to cinch down on.

Gunzy

Not a great thread title. Makes searching for answers hard to do!

Because most guys just use DOT rated air hose. Be sure to get the ferrules that go inside the plastic for the nuts to cinch down on.
He asked about fuel line in the OP, not air. Most guys go to commercial hose companies for fuel, air and hydraulic hoses, fittings, and parts. I have a company near me called EVCO House of Hose and have been there may times for my air/fuel/hydraulic needs and the prices have been very reasonable.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, I know, and I answered his question. Sure you can go to a supply house, but I've got no reason for clearish fuel return lines.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the OP's question was only about return fuel lines I would prob. merge this thread with the sticky one.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a mention of getting fuel /air line at NAPA (synflex) and i was told they didn't have it, on there site I checked and they don't sell it, I did get the ferrels brake away- nut and I also have the insert from supply house on line.the fittings# c74-158lf. I am limited on truck shops in my area. but that wont last to much longer as i will be leaving and heading south Thanks for your replays. Gunzy I could use the company you deal with.

Last edited:

rustystud

He asked about fuel line in the OP, not air. Most guys go to commercial hose companies for fuel, air and hydraulic hoses, fittings, and parts. I have a company near me called EVCO House of Hose and have been there may times for my air/fuel/hydraulic needs and the prices have been very reasonable.

DOT air line is also used as diesel and gasoline fuel lines. Has for decades now. The clear fuel line will not last more then a few years (even the "Tygon" stuff) while the "Nylon" DOT line will last your and your grandsons life times. I've used lines that go back to the 1970's and you cannot tell the difference between it and the modern stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks