• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement jack suggestions for M1009

Miah

None of my Blazers had the stock jacks in them & 80s Chevy's aren't exactly common in the local junkyards nowadays. Does anyone have suggestion for good replacement jack setups? Something self-contained w/ case, etc to keep random bits from rolling around & making noise would be a nice bonus. Right now i just have a little 2-3 ton trolley jack & handle rolling around the back

Thanks

cucvrus

I have a few Ford truck crew jacks. And you can mount a crank handle across the front on top of the radiator just like Ford does. The jack fits inside the front fender in a hole and just crank the jack tight. Lug wrench you can also attach on the drivers side inner fender under the hood. Bolt a 50 caliber box under the hood and put tools in it. Have a Great Weekend. Be Safe and Take Care.

Miah

Hmm thanks for that suggestion. Since the stock jack mounts under the pass seat IIRC, i'd never even thought about using some underhood space. I ordered a newer sub/tahoe jack setup off ebay, will look into where i can find a place for it there.

cucvrus

You should have spoke up sooner. I would have sent you the stuff in an exchange/trade. I have so much stuff stashed everywhere I often shake my head and call myself a collector of fine antiquities. Not trash. I mean jacks I save everyone I see in a scrapper. Tire tools, cranks all make nice steel round stock and material for welding. I call it repurposing and love using stuff that is discarded to make new usable stuff. Most times better than what you can buy. Good Luck. I have the long crank. That is free but shipping well the length jacks the cost. I once sold a jack and paid the shipping the buyer claimed the jack didn't work and I ate the total cost. So now I would rather give the stuff away. Or trade. Be Safe. I have the under hood GM DSCF7131.JPGDSCF7132.JPGtruck jack and holder. Spice up a license plate deal I can't resist. You pay shipping.

dougco1

None of my Blazers had the stock jacks in them & 80s Chevy's aren't exactly common in the local junkyards nowadays. Does anyone have suggestion for good replacement jack setups? Something self-contained w/ case, etc to keep random bits from rolling around & making noise would be a nice bonus. Right now i just have a little 2-3 ton trolley jack & handle rolling around the back

Thanks
Go back to those junk yards and start looking in the back of Ford vans- "late 80s and up". Those jacks are almost identical to the original M1009 jacks. They will fit in their intended space by the back spare tire with little modification. Try to look for commercially used Ford vans; good chance those jacks were never used. They are also posted all over ebay for less then $50.00

stevemcgee99

I got a hummer jack and a pricey aluminum Agile Offroad pin adapter - radius on one side and flat on the other. Then some fancy folding spider wrench. I'll have to test it out but need a chock.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve got hydraulic jacks, mechanical jacks, screw type jacks, a couple high lift jacks, OEM jacks and even have a model A or T jack. Unfortunately, I only have one CUCV jack and it’s installed in my 1009.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks