• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement knob / attachment for "88-21902" meter selector?

Mac53

Hello All,
The "88-21902" switch on one of the machines on my trailer has been sheared off. I was actually able to take the front of the switch off, use some vice-grips, and turn it so that it is in a matching single-phase position (using the other machine for a comparison), but does anyone know of a way to replace this little gear / knob attachment without spending $250 on a whole new switch? Anyone have a broken switch with a knob, maybe, or are the parts in anyway available?

Thanks!

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Its possible that Kraus & Naimer can sell you parts... but you would need to reach out. I might have a unit I can cannibalize from here, I would have to look today or tomorrow.
Ha! Not even! Back in 2009, I reached out to Kraus & Naimer, for just info. Explained I was a contractor working for the Army, trying to repair Generators going down range. They did not even bother to answer. Thinking the maybe I had done something wrong, I resent a E-mail. No answer. Maybe the good fairy has in the years between then and now, tapped them on the head with a magic wand and changed things. 99.99% of the companies I asked for help responded in less the 24 hours.

Mac53

Thank you, everyone! @peapvp , I hadn't realized just how modular this type of switch was until your post. I was actually able to find another Kraus & Naimer switch for almost the same price, so I'm going to grab that and hope that the parts are identical - They look like they are.