• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement leaf springs for M101A1

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How far are you from Hesperia? Walker Automotive would be worth a call. They have tons of goodies.

dstock

Found a pair of used springs on the east coast. Much cheaper than new for the time being.

Now, does anyone have the measurements on the axle u-bolts? I had to cut all of mine off right at the bend, I know they are 6 3/4" long x 1/2 bolt diameter, but don't have a full one to measure the width across the inside of the u-bolt. At the very top it appears to be 2"?

Thanks for the help!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the measurement, offhand. But usually an RV Trailer supply house has generic ones - 2x1/2" being common. They will be extra long, & meant to be cut to length by the end user. Be sure to use "neverseize" & I like to cut them pretty short after the nut, as they get abuse from rocks - then there is a hope that they will un-screw later.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post#8 told him about the classifieds.

He must not want those parts(for some reason).

dstock

dstock

Post#8 told him about the classifieds.

He must not want those parts(for some reason).
Been talking with Piper Cub regarding the one in the classifieds, he only has one available as I mentioned in Post #10. Found a pair on the East Coast and the pictures look the same "rust wise" as the one in the classified so I went with the pair versus one from one place and one from another.