• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement seats for M1009

Cobra33Bravo

I'm looking to replace my front seats in my 1984 M1009. I am looking for something that I can possibly pull from a scrap yard. I would like to see if any of you guys know what years and Models I can pull from. I want something that will bolt right in; same bolt pattern and mount on the seats. I have no tools and little money so I can't make any brackets or do any modifications aside from grinding a corner here or there. The seats also need to be fully adjustable. I like to sit up when I drive and my back is a little gimpy. Thanks!

Ripcord01

Try looking for some seats out of a cavalier. Grab the rails. In my old chevy we would use the Cavalier bucket seats because they are very comfy. Seats out of a S-10 would be a good match if you can find a good set. None of the holes will match up! you will have to drill new ones. are the seats repairable? LMC carries a rebuild kit. unsure of price.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My 1009 has a set of seats from a Mercury Mountaineer. (Ford Explorer) Nice comfy leather seats!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also replace the seat hinge with such from a monte carlo and then you can adjust the seatback.

ranchhopper

Civi K5 seats have much thicker bottom cushions use the brackets from the civi seats or your knees will be in the steering wheel. I have a friend who put the split bench seat in his 1009 from a mid 90s dodge pick up it works great Im looking for a good one for my truck.

Cobra33Bravo

Thanks for the info guys. If anything else I will take down the measurements for the bolt pattern and seat height. Hopefully I can get some decent seats for what I'm looking for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks