• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement temperature gage for MEP-802 and MEP-803 sets.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked to see if this will work in Gen sets? Looks good, but unless your 100% sure, you might want to check.
mentioned before here

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received my 947886 gage and installed it. Warmed up the MEP-803a to 140 degrees on the gage then engaged the load @ 240vac on the set meter @ about 80% load. The set warmed up further and stabilized.

The temp gage is reading about 2 needle widths above the 200 degree mark on the gage and no coolant high temp fault light. Although my previous gage read right at 185 degrees (but failed after a couple of years), in my opinion, this replacement gage is sufficient to run with this/these sets as at least a "ballpark" indicator of engine temp conditions.

I ran the set for an hour @ 80% load, no change in temp.

Last edited:

cbisson

I posted this about a year ago. The Datcon part numbers below have worked very well for me so far. As far as I'm concerned there's only 2 types of Beede gauges. Broken and about to be broken.

I have used all 3 of the following Datcon gauges. All have worked perfectly for me with the senders that came on my 802a. I bought a second of each for when the Beede gauges fail on my NOS 802a. There are also 24v light kits available from the same vendor.

Fuel - 101584
OP - 101574
Temp - 101586

automotive gauges - Vehicle Controls

vehiclecontrols.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks