• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacing a keyed switch on M37

popz76

I'm gonna replace an old keyed ignition switch on our M37 with the correct switch. the previous owner just cut the ends (4) and attached them to the switch. I don't know which wires go where in the in the new switch. ...I don't want ro burn anything up .

Attachments

Mike_L

I presume you don't have a TM for the truck. It looks like the circuit number tags are still on the wires so it will be easier to retro fit one.

Circuit 11 is your incoming (always) hot wire coming from your circuit breakers; goes to switch pin A. Later, M37B1 schematics show this also jumpered to switch pin C; early schematics show nothing connected to pin C.
Circuit 12 is outgoing to your coil; goes to switch pin D.
Circuit 27 is outgoing to your dash spider harness (powers your gauges); goes to switch pin B.

Hope this helps.

popz76

I presume you don't have a TM for the truck. It looks like the circuit number tags are still on the wires so it will be easier to retro fit one.

Circuit 11 is your incoming (always) hot wire coming from your circuit breakers; goes to switch pin A. Later, M37B1 schematics show this also jumpered to switch pin C; early schematics show nothing connected to pin C.
Circuit 12 is outgoing to your coil; goes to switch pin D.
Circuit 27 is outgoing to your dash spider harness (powers your gauges); goes to switch pin B.

Hope this helps.
Thanks my friend..yes, I do(did) have a tech manual but it never came back from a loan..lesson learned...AGAIN !! Anyway, I got it wired correctly by just taking my time and everything works properly now. I should have been more timely in letting eveybody know this, but this time of yr, well, things get mixed up ya know !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks