• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing Gasket on Oil Pan

The Baron

My oil pan was leaking, because the old gasket was no good. I went onto motormathem to get the manual and figure out how to remove the oil pan. I removed the torque converter cover, undid all of the bolts on the oil pan, and right when I was taking it off I realized the
transmission oil cooler line
was in the way, the manual said nothing about it. Anyone know what I should do to get this thing off?

Last edited:

jdeoliveira74

transmission lines unboly top of transmission. if im not mistaken you need to pull fly wheel cover also. I did mine a while back. My suggestion is while you have it down change your rear main seal and the oil pump. Its a pita to get it done but you don't want to do it twice. You have to jack up the front of the truck also cause the diff breather is in the way also.
Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks