• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing M35A2 Ignition Switch MS39060-2

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't find much on this subject in the archives, so I thought I'd ask the membership. In the 17 years that I have owned this truck, this is the only dash component that I haven't replaced or removed. It's the long handle switch right above the 3-lever light switch. Is there anything I need to pay special attention to? and is MS39060-2 the correct replacement part number. The truck is a 1971 AM General..........Thanks.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The switch is very simple inside . Two 90 degree arcs of graphite/carbon 90 degrees apart. When A and B are both on the same arc segment, C and D are on the other arc segment, and the circuits are complete. When A is not on the arc segment, neither is C and the circuits are 'off'. If it gives you trouble, open it up, clean it, put it back together and it normally works again.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those switches are the "universal" 2-position ignition switch. 2-pole, single throw rotary.

You can find good used ones in everything from a Mighty-Mite up to the 10-ton M123s.

It has one set of contacts marked by raised stripes on two of the rubber terminals. The other set is unmarked.

Your wiring loom rubber boots should have the same raised coding on the rubber boots.

Different MV's used different knobs, but the switch is the same (the Hummer & 800-series used a three position with start, not the same).

DG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks