• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing Rear Main Oil Seal On 6.5L non Turbo

WhoMe08721

Hey Guys,

My rear main oil seal on my 6.5L non turbo is starting to leak. First off has any one replaced one before and is there a write up on this subject? After doing some research in TM manuals. It looks like you have to disassemble johnny 5 to the core and pull out the crankshaft this seems like a lot of work, Is this true or can you just drop the transmission, pull the flywheel and replace the seal.

TM- 9-2320-280-34.JPGTM- 9-2815-237-34 for 6.5l.JPG

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do not need to dissemble the engine to replace the rear seal on a 6.5L, have you followed the second paragraph on the first page you posted?
If you have a fording CDR valve are you sure it is in the right position?
It is not unheard of but relatively rare the rear seal would leak on a 6.5L
You can check youtube on replacing any of the 360 rear seals on GM vehicles as they will all be nearly the same.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6.5 requires trans comes out to change seal…I would make sure it’s even your rear main, very rare they leak, 99.9% of the time its your rear pan seal…
6.2 rear main is a 2 piece seal…done differently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks