• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Replica" Air Force Deuce

Jeff Nelson

Ok, Flame away. After owning my '69 Deuce (Doose, Duce, Duece, etc...) for about two years, I'm finally working on it. Putting 5-ton steps and spare tire mount on it, moving the tank to the left side, 5-ton air cleaner where the tank was, and more. Thanks to Castle Bravo, I've got an M105 bed and will be bobbing it. Yes, I know... Pictures will be forthcoming when appropriate.

I'm looking for opinions on paint. Option one is to go back to the Vietnam era colors, two is to stay with the three-color on it now, or third, go to my preferred Strata Blue with Air Force markings for PACAF. Not that the USAF ever had a blue bobbed '69 KJ Deuce... (Artistic license and all that...) And yes, I know it's my truck and I can do what I want to it. Just looking for thoughts of others.

I was in the Air Force, stationed in SEA, and still have a soft spot for the Deuce I drove around once in a while.

Kaiser67M715

Strata blue, its different and not many of them in that color, with the yellow markings it will still like a military vehicle(bobbed and all)

AZDeuce

Not too many Strata Blue deuces out there, I think it would be unique and stand out from the crowd, just be sure you have thick enough skin to put up with the "purists!" But i think it would be cool.

Kasper31

I did my Bobbed Deuce in Air Force blue, you are correct in the standing out among the green trucks.
Everywhere I go with it I get alot of teasing along with commits about how good it looks. I'm still getting
the correct info on it and the stars.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks