• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repower Dodge M 37

squeeky050

Looking for someone to repower my Dodge M 37. I have donor one ton chevy pick up with dana 60, 14 bolt, auto trans, np205 transfer case. Would like to upgrade these components to the M37. Would appreciate any input, looking for an individual or shop to do this for me.

squeeky050

I thought about doing it this way, but my one ton frame would probably have to be blasted to remove rust. The M 37 frame has no rust. Not sure which way to go, and to find someone to do this for me.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I to have thought about a bigger engine replacement and the work replacing the axles and front spring hangers. Also thought about just the body switch to a newer frame big engine with four wheel drive. The guy that did the resto did such a good job thinking about it I hate to do anything but drive it slow and leave it alone. Had someone come to look at mine and said that looks like a museum quality restoration. I did not agree but I took the complement.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The PO of my M-37!installed a “big block” 318. He also installed power steering and some other things like a hydraulic clutch. After working on it’s wiring harness for several weeks, I would have never made the mod. Talk about 10 pounds of stink in a 5 pound truck! I don’t think it’s possible to return it to stock. A lot of mods were done to it. Add the fact that this truck was the PO’s pride and joy, I wouldn’t return it to stock. I’ll just figure out how to keep it running and leave the mods as is. I’ll do a restore on the body to make it look good but it’s heart will be from a ‘57-‘67 Dodge/Chrysler car or truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks