• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repro ammo cans for V100

wgtactical

Here's my reproduction ammo cans for the Blood Sweat and Tears V100 restoration. Evidently the guys building backpacks out of the original cans has drained any surplus...that being said, I decided to fabricate my own with some help from John McDonald by loaning me his.
The latches are a different style but they are stainless. The original weighs in at a lean 4.5lbs where mine being .018" thicker are 7.5lbs.
The part number is being laser engraved into the lid now and my daughter is making the 'right feed' and 'left feed' decals as well.

We are also fabricating the spent brass chute and can as well.

Last edited:

wgtactical

Considering the difficulty finding a sample ammo can and the frame necessary to mount them on the basket below the turret, I am building a spare set of ammo cans, mount, return chute and spent brass box, and of course the dummy M73's.

Hopefully the next guy wont have the same trouble as I have had completing their restoration.

20221003_114606.jpg

wgtactical

These should be the last of the custom reproduction parts necessary to complete the Cadillac Gage V100 M73 turret. I was unable to find any surplus offerings so I had to do it the hard way. Definitely not the most economical restoration I've done, but I am glad this portion is behind me.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
These should be the last of the custom reproduction parts necessary to complete the Cadillac Gage V100 M73 turret. I was unable to find any surplus offerings so I had to do it the hard way. Definitely not the most economical restoration I've done, but I am glad this portion is behind me.

Looks awful good though...
Nicely done!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering the difficulty finding a sample ammo can and the frame necessary to mount them on the basket below the turret, I am building a spare set of ammo cans, mount, return chute and spent brass box, and of course the dummy M73's.

Hopefully the next guy wont have the same trouble as I have had completing their restoration.

View attachment 881007
Do you happen to have a source for 30 cal link-chute ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've not had to source any in quite a while but I will be needing two more chutes myself for the spare M73 kit I am building.
OK if you find any that you dont want give me a holler even damaged i need 2 short sections like 12 to 16 in long Thanks

wgtactical

Do you happen to have a source for 30 cal link-chute ?
I bought two from a machinegun manufacturer and asked if he would consider selling more as folks asked for them, and was told he only keeps enough stock for his projects and was trying to help me out when he sold me mine. Keep in mind that the usual surplus supplies are drying up.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I probably could use some chute as well if you're on the hunt. I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to setup the turret in the ferret. But I'd like to relocate the ammo box to give a little more room.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have you ever adapted one of these chutes to a 1919? (It's the vehicle correct weapon for the ferret) I know they're more for modern rifles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks