• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repro brake light switch alernatives?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have had multiple (5 or 6) of the new, hydraulic style brake light switches fail by sticking shut (closed circuit). 4 on brakes systems and 2 on air. I seem to remember recently a thread where people were discussing the low reliability of the new (I assume their Newstar China junk) switches.

Is there an alternative? I"d like to retain the stock rubber connector style, because this switch is also used on the air shift switch and is visible.

Somebody have a source for this switch but in US manufacture?

IMAG0683.jpgIMAG0682.jpg

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know of an alternative, but it doesn't have the same rubber plug.
Yes, see that's my issue. I am sure I can find a functional replacement (Echlin, BW, Bosch, etc.). Let's face it-a 60psi trigger point and 1/4" MPT are easy parameters to satisfy but I don't want a bunch of hacked of wiring under my dash where it's visible. I can live with cutting the harness plug off underneath and crimping some packards, but my preference is to keep everything as stock as possible.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
upgrade to the air switch!
You have a source for US made, high quality units?

And what about the air shift switch under the dash? It uses the one piece molded connector I am trying to stay with. The air operated MWO switch has 2 individual packards.

JCKnife

Per the advice of George at White Owl, I moved the fluid switch to the air side and it seems to work fine there.

G-Force

I thought they were very reasonable considering the air brake light switch kist were like 60 something dolllars on Fleabay.
This is what I ordered back in January.

Qty 1 P/N 4813 Disconnect Switch $113.57 eaQty 1 P/N 1331 Bracket 27.00 ea.

Qty 2 P/N 7006 Stop Light Switch kit 50.69 ea

Qty 2 P/N 7005 Pressure switch 32.00 ea

What do you think of the pricing???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks