• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reputation comment notification

Banshee365

I'm unable to get a reputation comment notification to go away, it always say's '1'. I do not have any feedback or anything so I can't figure out what this is all about.

Thanks!

-Kelly

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Don't worry, I can't ever figure it out either. I do deals and never leave anything. Sure hope folks don't think I didn't care. Then again, I use my mental telepathy to induce into their brains that I do care and did appreciate the deal. Of course I knew that you knew that I knew that you knew that. You know? Of course you know cause I made you know.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The reputation system was disabled. It was a "popularity contest" really and served no purpose. Different from the feedback system used to rate buyers/sellers.

Banshee365

Gotcha, so at some point I had a reputation notification. But, since that function is disabled now I'm not able to show that notification as read/notified therefore it's stuck on there? Makes sense, just wandering.

MarcusOReallyus

It was a "popularity contest" really and served no purpose.
I have seen that "reputation" system degrade a good site as everybody jumped on the stupidity bandwagon and starting posting replies and even whole threads just to get and give "rep".

IMO, disabling it is a very good thing.