• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request: Copy of TM 9-2320-230-34P

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for a physical or digital copy of the TM 9-2320-230-34P for the M656, M757, M791 5 ton 8x8 Trucks. I've searched high and low to find all manuals for this series of truck and lack this one. I've only found two physical copies on ebay but $75 is a bit much.

1630292081438.png

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its on eBay right this second.
I used my google-fu and found 2 hard copies on ebay. They're not worth $75 like I said in my original post. I had a member reach out to me and linked me a google library file that was this TM scanned so I have it now for free. I've yet to find a -10 for these trucks.. if one exists.

I have the :
9-2320-230-20
9-2320-230-34
9-2320-230-34P
9-1450-380-14 (Pershing Missile System Setup) which has support documentation for the trucks.

Guyfang

Staff member
The -10 TM is real. When Pershing died in Europe, we in Patriot got lots of equipment from Pershing. Trucks were one thing we were in short supply of, in patriot. So we picked up a bunch of trucks. About the only TM's we got with the trucks were the -10 TM. Even then, the rest of the TM's were just not to be had. We drove the trucks until they broke, then turned them in to DRMO.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The -10 TM is real. When Pershing died in Europe, we in Patriot got lots of equipment from Pershing. Trucks were one thing we were in short supply of, in patriot. So we picked up a bunch of trucks. About the only TM's we got with the trucks were the -10 TM. Even then, the rest of the TM's were just not to be had. We drove the trucks until they broke, then turned them in to DRMO.
If you happen to know where one could acquire it I'd appreciate it. ;)

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the number designator for your teuck and description. I have a vet buddy checking his army tm site

Guyfang

Staff member
The INF Treaty allowed for seven inert Pershing II missiles to be retained for display purposes. One is now on display in the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C., alongside a Soviet SS-20 missile. Another is at the Central Armed Forces Museum in Moscow, Russia, also with an SS-20.[31] A number of inert Pershing 1 and Pershing 1a missiles are displayed in the U.S. and Germany.

Its a long shot, but try the Smithsonian. I know someone who wrote and got information on a WW2 aircraft, from the Smithsonian. They will know for sure were the other birds are on display. Often, displaying museums have supporting documents, like TM's.

I will snoop around and see where the Pershings are here in Germany. I do not know anyone in the Bundeswehr or Luftwaffe any more. If I remember right, the Luftwaffe had the Pershing 1, the forerunner of the Pershing system.

Mr. Gorch Pieken is the Curator of the Bundeswehr Military Museum, in Dresden. I once wrote him a letter requesting information on a WW2 vehicle, and indeed he, or someone anyway, sent me an answer. Like all German Military Officers, his English is very good. So maybe you could write him and ask where the Pershing birds are on Display. Its possible that the displaying Museums have supporting documents.

All these places have a web page, and writing a mail, costs $0.00

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Damn. I've yet to see a copy of it anywhere despite it being referenced. kendelrio had some good leads but then work got in the way. 😅
I've still got some emails/feelers out. There's a nice man in Massachusetts who I explained the issue to and he's going to check their storage to see if he can find a physical copy of the TM for us.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks