• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request for Assistance - Front fender bracket

Kloakndagr

I'm trying to replace a bent passenger side front fender (vertical) bracket on my m35a2. Can someone enlighten me on how to remove the top two bolts/nuts. I cannot figure out how to access the top of the bolts. Thanks in advance.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The correct term is "caged nut". If you decide to fix what is broken and need to look for replacements.

brianp454

I haven't removed these myself, but as M-1028 suggests they appear to have fixed nuts below the cab floor. Have you tried running a long extension up to the screw heads and give them a twist?

Chevracer87

If I recall you can get to the middle of the three cage nuts by going through through the vent. I believe I was able to get a pair of vice grips on it enough to hold it while loosening the bolt. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376454441.318235.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376454320.175030.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376454367.420693.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376454387.854635.jpg

M-1028

I know all about these suckers. One of my trucks snapped the bolts right off, the other was done previously and someone welded the bracket on. My current truck was untouched and I left it that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks