• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request for info - changing configurations

Shogun187

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently took delivery of a two Humvees; one was purchased from Idaho Motor Pool as a running, titled version; the other was purchased through Govplanet. According to the VIN thread, the one purchased from Idaho Motor Pool is a 1991 M998 last assigned to US Army National Training Center, Raven Detachment. The Govplanet one is a 1992 M998 last assigned to the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Platoon of the 900[SUP]th[/SUP] Quartermaster Company.

The tan one came pretty much stripped with the exception of fresh paint and the artic top/doors; the camo one came in two-man cargo configuration with the bench seats, etc. I’d like to keep both historically accurate. I’d like to make the camo one a slantback and maybe the other a GMV, or four door soft top.

Do Humvees generally stay in their delivered configuration? Do units change tops, doors, etc. as needed?

dmetalmiki

Welcome, and sounds like you have two good acquisitions. So post up some pictures of the trucks. as you say you have "a tan one and and a camo one."..

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think they always stay the same. Mine is a 2 door tan but the rear seats has one half of the seat belt on the inside but none on the outside and the top rear fenders has the holes already for the seat belt towers. I suspect mine was a 4 door unless all come with rear seat belts and the holes pre-drilled?

Shogun187

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, unfortunately it looks like they put on the top and painted it all at once. I would have preferred that it was kept original but oh well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks