• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request M35A2 Retrieval info

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
yeah im to the point where i cant think of anything else untill starting to remove injector heads. heres the video of it starting on its own and then jumping off on 90%diesel/ 10%gasoline. she starts up fine but then stalls out. https://www.youtube.com/upload
OK, OK already
Just post the name of the upload you did and we will find it for you.

It needs fuel and air and it is probably not running out of air, but could be.
Remove the air filter cover and start it. If it dies again then put the filter
cover back on and find the problem with insufficiant fuel.

Last edited:

Derpy

well of course there is fuel coming through the injector lines. im not that stupid. the injector lines squirt about a foot. ill post a video of them squirting. how to i post a video like you did.

rustystud

Don't try this at home!

EDIT: If your Injection pump is not getting fuel, and you run the engine on an alternative fuel source like this, you will likely destroy your hydraulic head, because it is lubricated by fuel.

Video of it running on "alternative fuel supply".

http://vid142.photobucket.com/albums...psizhukt2i.mp4
WOW !!! There where so many things done wrong on that video I don't know where to begin !!!

DavidWymore

well of course there is fuel coming through the injector lines. im not that stupid. the injector lines squirt about a foot. ill post a video of them squirting. how to i post a video like you did.
Same way you did last two times you did I reckon. Copy and paste the link...

You're living up to your nickname a little too much and we're running out of patience. Re-read my post. I posted how far the injectors should shoot before in the thread too.

DavidWymore

Well you've come a long ways then David, and your brave enough to share it with us.
Trial by fire lots of reading and help from jeepsinker. I was determined to get that thing running and I worked on it non stop til I did. Then I was gonna rebuild the whole truck until I stumbled on my nice ‘70 for a song.
My only concern in hindsight was galling up the IP, but it did have fuel running through it. I guess I’m missing stuff you’re seeing, or I’m not so worried about. It was a coolant sprayer with, ahem, gasoline. Risky I guess. Turned out my button had fallen off. That’s when I learned that he plunger doesn’t just need to move, it needs to move more like 3/8” than 1/8”.

Derpy

Yeah I'm not a very good mechanic at all. But I'm doing what you guys suggest but it keeps acting the same way. I was told to prime the air in order to flush any trapped air. We do this on our track hole and works like a charm bit I think it's a different issue. I'm sorry for running your patience thin.

Last edited:

Derpy

I'm still making many mistakes. I would really appreciate if you could tell me that I'm doing wrong. I seriously need some criticism to learn from if you don't mind

DavidWymore

I'm still making many mistakes. I would really appreciate if you could tell me that I'm doing wrong. I seriously need some criticism to learn from if you don't mind
Pull one of the injectors out of the engine. With it out, re-connect it to the fuel line. Make sure it is pointed in a safe direction, the pressure can penetrate the skin. Then crank the engine. It should shoot 3-4 feet. The injectors have a tiny hole and a spring holding back the pressure from the hydraulic head. The pressure has to overcome the spring and that's what makes it shoot out in a fine, high pressure "mist". If it doesn't shoot, we have an idea what to look at next.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks