• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request Pictures of Stock Engine Compartments - Various Views

dao

The M1008 I recently purchased has been modified in various ways and I'd like to return a couple of things to stock configuration. To do that properly, I need to start with some really good stock photos for reference. Can some of you that have stock engine compartments post various views please? If you have just a minor change in your engine compartment, that would be fine too so long as you just add what is different since I understand most probably aren't using the original fuel filter. I'm not talking full restoration by any means...I just want to clean up some of the mess left by others. Many thanks in advance.

dao

How about from the rear toward the radiator...each side. Some previous mechanic moved the coolant overflow reservoir to where the rear battery used to be located. That's one of the mods...plus a crappy 12V conversion...removal of bus bars, etc. Then, I think that'll do for now. Many thanks. By the way...really cute breather on that one...hot pink stock? LOL

Jack Lope

My youtube channel has engine views that might help. I've done few different repairs. Mine all stock.
I'm Jack Lope on youtube and should be easy to find with CUCV videos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks