• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rescued a M101

Nick

VERY nice. Like the contrast of the red tub and white wheels. Great job. Probably looks better than when it was brand new. Were you able to get the paint off the data plate? and see more info from it? If so Id like to see a better pic of it. Compare it to mine. Take a look at my pics of my 101

Patattack

Nice trailer. I just choose Maggie ferguson red from tractor supply. Looks like the CD from WV painted it what looks like a flat red or red oxide primer. My guess leans towards the primer color. I like how you painted the split ring i may do that to mine to make it pop more. It's going to look really good when I get these side rails a bows painted. Here's a pic of the data plate it was inspected 10-53 so it's not to far behind yours.

IMG_0073.JPGIMG_0074.JPG

Nick

Very cool, thanks for posting. Yeah I put the combat rims on mine, thought it looked a little better than the normal split ring rims. Im probably gonna put the combats on the Power Wagon too. I had them on before, but I keep changing them back and forth. As for yours, I don't think I would paint the ring a different color. The hub in the center with the red is plenty. It give it good pop just like that without being too much. If you did the ring red, eeeehhhh, may look to "clownish" I like it perfect just like that.

Ok so now a question for the gurus.

My M101 was manufactured by Linn Coach and Truck Division in Oneonta NY. I have seen several different manufactures of the trailers, as Im sure you know. The question is, how did so many manufacturers make exactly the same trailer? Did all these companies have the same tooling to stamp the beds and produce the frames? Or did a few places make all the parts and ship them to numerous other companies to assemble the completed trailers?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks