• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rescued CUCV IV, 350 Miles Round Trip

hotdogs151a2

I saved another M-1008 the other day. I know there are still plenty of these trucks out there, but someday they will be hard to find. Thirty or so years from now my Son or Daughter will be glad that Dad saved all of this junk........ or maybe it will be the junk dealer that will be glad.

I know it is smart to have a Will and I do, but I also leave little time capsules for them. I will mark a part or box of parts with a description, the date, what it fits and most of the time I write that I love them. Sometime a hand written note telling them what I want them to do with something.
Probably doesn't do any good, but I like to think it does.

I will up date all on the status of this truck when I get a chance to look at it. The Owner said it had bad fuel and would not run, we will see.

God bless all that are in harms way of the storm.

Thanks, pvt. Hotdog

Attachments

chupa

I've seen a photo where the slave cable was wrapped around the grill guard on a M1031 Contact Maintenance CUCV. Maybe that's what the extra metal bits are for.

chevyCUCV

Nice truck
I did the same thing yesterday with my m1008 and a second non running m1008. The po claims it just stopped running, but i found the pink ip wire hooked to the wrong thing :razz:

And you never can have too many trucks around

Pawnshop

I saw the subject line and thought "what the blazes is a CUCV IV?" I know CUCV, CUCV II, CUCV III but no IV. NOW I get it, like the mule "#7" in the Grizzly Adams show, this truck is the fourth one rescued, GOOD JOB, carry on...

hotdogs151a2

Mr. Pawnshop:
Sorry for the CUCV IV confusion.
Mr. firecontrol86 & Mr. BigDuck:
Please see the attached pictures.
Mr. Ghost2012:
I want one of those. I was born and raised in Jacksonville.

Thanks, Pvt. Hotdog

Attachments

91W350

I see that like my M1009, your odometer has one too many zeros. Should have been a 100,000 instead of a 1,000,000 odometer. Nice looking truck, same tires I have on my M1008. Glen

hotdogs151a2

All:
I have an update on the rescued M-1008. I have been very busy lately but I finely got some time to look it over. It has a new radiator and two new alternators. All of the fluids look good and fresh. I will change all fluids and filters. The PO said it had bad fuel, ( I think he gave up on this truck). I pulled the fuel filter and the fuel look good. I changed the fuel filter and after some coaching got good fuel flow out of the filter to the IP and back.

The glow plugs would not get hot, after some checking I found the glow plug relay card fried. Please see the picture where someone jumped across two devices. I don't know if that attempted fit worked or not but I am looking for a new board.

After manually heating up the glow plugs, the truck fired right up. After a few more checks, I took it for a spin around the farm. Other than the board the only thing that doesn't work is the horn. It looks like it is going to be a good truck when I get through with it.
Thanks, Pvt. Hotdog

Attachments