• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Resealing fiberglass troop seats?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took two parties on a ride, my troop seats are fiberglass and it's flaking off. What's the best way (is there a way?) to reseal these seats so the fiberglass doesn't bother people?
Would repainting do the job?

Thanks guys!

Adrian A

My thoughts would be to sand them down with some 120 on a da sander and perhaps finish sand with some 180. Then prime and paint.

steelandcanvas

How about a coat of clear lacquer? That may seal in the fibers. Mix up some resin and catalyst and apply a thin coat, that would definitely cure the problem. Make some cool OD Canvas padded seat covers for your rider's sensitive tushes.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give it a good sanding and then prime/paint. 2 Part Urethane would be better and most likely last longer.
I would not go the route of getting resin and giving it a top coat, it will chip / flake off in no time.
Canvas covers would be good too.

If it were me, I would go with the first option...

2cents

olewhiskey

I agree with the sand/paint, buddy of mine can't get anyone to ride in the back of his due to splinterfyin' the last group at a parade.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone make the canvas covers or cushions?

The boy scouts that ride mine don't appreciate the stiff ride on the 5 ton on our bumpy camp roads..... :-|

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks