• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Resealing fiberglass troop seats?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took two parties on a ride, my troop seats are fiberglass and it's flaking off. What's the best way (is there a way?) to reseal these seats so the fiberglass doesn't bother people?
Would repainting do the job?

Thanks guys!

Adrian A

My thoughts would be to sand them down with some 120 on a da sander and perhaps finish sand with some 180. Then prime and paint.

steelandcanvas

How about a coat of clear lacquer? That may seal in the fibers. Mix up some resin and catalyst and apply a thin coat, that would definitely cure the problem. Make some cool OD Canvas padded seat covers for your rider's sensitive tushes.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give it a good sanding and then prime/paint. 2 Part Urethane would be better and most likely last longer.
I would not go the route of getting resin and giving it a top coat, it will chip / flake off in no time.
Canvas covers would be good too.

If it were me, I would go with the first option...

2cents

olewhiskey

I agree with the sand/paint, buddy of mine can't get anyone to ride in the back of his due to splinterfyin' the last group at a parade.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone make the canvas covers or cushions?

The boy scouts that ride mine don't appreciate the stiff ride on the 5 ton on our bumpy camp roads..... :-|