• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Residue?????????????????

wdbtchr

Twenty odd years ago when I was first looking at MVs I got a listing for some dump trucks down at Ft Lost in the Woods. They were listed as residue, but I went to check them out anyway. If the sticker on the bumper hadn't said they were dump trucks you wouldn't have any idea, just bare frames didn't even have axles. I kinda like the term: Guts and Feathers, all the meat is gone.

poppop

My friend bought 3 800 series dumps classed as residue. Drove one 600 miles home towing another one. Got all runnig with no major problems. They did come from a yard of trucks that were in for rebuild. I guess the defination varies according to the person discribing them.

colomil

I believe they classify a truck as "residue" if there are any parts missing. Residue trucks almost always have all the fluids drained :cry:

My M1010 and M35a2 were bought as residue. It took some work, but they are both almost complete.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were a bunch of truck that sold in KY today that was in event 6***. All events starting with 6 are scrap sales but the trucks look like good trucks. I wonder if they will supply a sf97?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I agree, I was bidding on some trucks today as residue. Some went higher than running trucks Ive bought in the past.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much dinero did the 820 set you back? Will it fit on your trailer? I see tires, a hardtop (yuck) and do I see winch extensions? The box would make a nice storage area if it opens OK.

goldneagle

I saw that truck on GL. I know 54REO was lookin for the box on it. What did it go for? I forgot to look at the end of the auction.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There were a bunch of truck that sold in KY today that was in event 6***. All events starting with 6 are scrap sales but the trucks look like good trucks. I wonder if they will supply a sf97?
No SF 97 or title with Residue.