• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Residue?????????????????

wdbtchr

Twenty odd years ago when I was first looking at MVs I got a listing for some dump trucks down at Ft Lost in the Woods. They were listed as residue, but I went to check them out anyway. If the sticker on the bumper hadn't said they were dump trucks you wouldn't have any idea, just bare frames didn't even have axles. I kinda like the term: Guts and Feathers, all the meat is gone.

poppop

My friend bought 3 800 series dumps classed as residue. Drove one 600 miles home towing another one. Got all runnig with no major problems. They did come from a yard of trucks that were in for rebuild. I guess the defination varies according to the person discribing them.

colomil

I believe they classify a truck as "residue" if there are any parts missing. Residue trucks almost always have all the fluids drained :cry:

My M1010 and M35a2 were bought as residue. It took some work, but they are both almost complete.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were a bunch of truck that sold in KY today that was in event 6***. All events starting with 6 are scrap sales but the trucks look like good trucks. I wonder if they will supply a sf97?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I agree, I was bidding on some trucks today as residue. Some went higher than running trucks Ive bought in the past.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much dinero did the 820 set you back? Will it fit on your trailer? I see tires, a hardtop (yuck) and do I see winch extensions? The box would make a nice storage area if it opens OK.

goldneagle

I saw that truck on GL. I know 54REO was lookin for the box on it. What did it go for? I forgot to look at the end of the auction.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There were a bunch of truck that sold in KY today that was in event 6***. All events starting with 6 are scrap sales but the trucks look like good trucks. I wonder if they will supply a sf97?
No SF 97 or title with Residue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks