• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Resistance at the Battery

appalacious

Well I wired up the ignition switch the way I thought* it had been in the stock switch, using two toggle switches. One 3PST and one 4PDT. 8 wires in all. Just to double check before I reinstalled the batteries, I checked the resistance at the battery cables and got the following readings:
rear battery R= 20Kohms
front battery R= 3Kohms
Both = 23Kohms

This seems pretty low, especially on the front battery. Can anyone verify this for me? I'd like to know what tried and true systems are getting for resistance across the circuits.
(to do this, just unhook the batteries, and then check the resistance from one battery cable to the other)
Thanks,
J

ps, What the heck are these for?

Attachments

Armada

I'm not much of an electrical guy, so I can't really help with your question. But the first photo is the power hook-ups for communications equipment. The last photo shows the mounting bracket for the arctic kit heater controller (right side).

appalacious

Thanks! Any idea about the wires next to the fuel filter?

(you really just answered most of my questions about under the hood though, thanks)
J

appalacious

Well, my baby runs. With the run/stop switch where the volume knob would go, and the start switch where the tuning knob would go. Daddy's happy.
J

Jones

No electrical guy either but I'd say the strips are power distribution for various systems. Running into the wiper motor looks like three inline condensers, possibly for electrical noise suppression for comm gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks