• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

resister for the volt meter.

jw4x4

I would also like to get a couple of them if they are found. I replaced my gauge when it was determined that the resistor was bad. When I try to find them, all I get is a blank stare and the old "try the manufacturer" song and dance.

EO2NMCB

Its a 300 ohm resister. I don't now where you might find the mil spec one, but you can use any 300 ohm resister that you buy at radio shack and tin it to the lugs.

EO2NMCB

Sorry Tn Col, I a truck driver R, please forgive me for not usssing speller checkers.;-) I had did 728 miles yesterday. I wus tired.

Last edited:

84cucv1ton

just got 5 100 ohm from radio shack.. the one here is small and does not have much. 5 for $1.06 part # 271-1108 this is all they had by me. i have the time and want to finish this today so im going to solder three together and get it done.
hope this helps someone

84cucv1ton

i got 3 100 ohm ready to go in. all three touch with the way i did it. does that matter or not? dont want to blow my meter thanks

Blood_of_Tyrants

Did you put the resistors in series (terminal, resistor, resistor, resistor, terminal in a chain) or did you put them in parallel (all three between the same two terminals)? If you did the former, you did it right and the total resistance will be about 300 ohms. If you did the latter, you did it wrong and the total resistance will be 33 ohms.

Yes, you have to take the stock one off or the resistance will be lower than spec and the meter will not read correctly.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Read carefully. If you put them all in like the old one,(parallel) you did it WRONG. Take out the old one, and put the three in series (terminal, resistor, resistor, resistor, terminal).

If you can't get them to fit, go to online and find an electronic parts distributor and get a 300 ohm resistor. The physical size counts too. The small ones you see at Radio Shack are typically 1/8 watt. If the original is larger than that, the replacements might not be able to handle the load and will burn up.

84cucv1ton

got it done. now i just blew the 10 amp fuse on the very bottom. now the volt gauge does nothing at all.. what a pain this turning out to be

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks