• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

resistor bypass

cutanddrill

:confused:I am trying to bypass the 24v resitor with an 8 gage wire with an inline fuse link connected to the positive post of the front battery to the GP silanoid, but every time I try to heat the GP's the fuse pops. I've tryed 50 - 100 amp fuses but they all instantly pop. Dose anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

BIG_RED

Yeah, I'd say you're shorting out somewhere.. I'd check the relay/solenoid, cause I think each glowplug has it's own fuseable link (wire that I think acts like a fuse).

Ken_86gt

If you are using a fuse that is your problem, you need a fusible link. The correct fuse size would be over 100 amps. They are not the same. Get the right link or just delete it completely.

cutanddrill

Thanks everybody I will try using the 10 gauge wire tomarrow. As a temp fix I conected a small length of wire from the relay on the fire wall just above the solenoid to the in-put side of the solenoid. It started a little to well, usualy I have to heat the GPs twice to get it started, but not this time. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea please let me know someone from another forum suggested this.

Ken_86gt

The fusible link protect the wiring. The links are usually sized one wire size smaller than the wire it is protecting. So, if you are using 8awg then the link should be 10 awg. I think that you over sized your wiring though. Size the link off of the original if you are concerned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks