• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restoration of my M35A2

Lonewolf879

Well i have been working on my baby all summer just finished up painting her with a nice semi gloss USMC forest green from rapco. Got my bow set from Troy down in SD and allot of other things from him with promt service and shipping!!! All i need now is the cargo cover which i am having a heck of a time finding a green or 3 color one all i seem to find online is tan which i do not want. I am trying to make my M35A2 as close as i can to what the USMC used in vietnam to be used by our Marine Corps League in parades. Here are a few pics of the truck after i finished up painting today. But if anyone knows where i can get a decent green cargo cover please help me out i would really appreciate it!

Attachments

Lonewolf879

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Vietnam truck would almost certainly have a canvas cargo cover, not the vinyl ones. I'm pretty sure they didn't have any 3 color ones unless it was a field expedient job. I may be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any pics showing that kind of cover. I have a 3 color cover that needs some minor repairs, but I don't think that's what you need. The canvas ones pop up from time to time, you just have to check around.

hawkeyepoole

here's a quick clue for the top. buy a 5 ton top and have an upholstery shop cut it down. A 5 ton bed is a 2.5 ton bed extended. I bought a 5 ton CANVAS top from SaturnSurplus.com for $200 and paid $80 to have it cut down. It looks awesome and gives me the Vietnam era look I'm looking for. I'll attach a picture. I couldn't find any more tops at Saturn Surplus, but call him and ask.

Attachments