• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Resurecting the Manifold Heater

Ironhorse

This all started when I found the nozzle leaking fuel into the intake manifold.

First, I needed to decide if I was going to fix it or plug it, so I starting testing components. Pulled and grounded the ignition plug and applied 24v. Got a spark worthy of Frankenstein's lab! :twisted: Next, checked the pump, nothing. Hmmmm. Pulled the pump and disassembled it. Not like I had anything to lose at that point. Ah ha, a disconnected wire! A little solder, reassemble, apply voltage and whirrr. 8) Reassembled everything, hit the dash switch and...nothing! aua Stuck my head under the dash and yikes! The wire from the switch to the heater was broken and missing most of the insulation. Going to replace the wire in the morning and hope for the best.
Which brings me back to the nozzle. I'm guessing that either the check ball or O-ring is leaking. Can this be fixed or should I just replace the entire nozzle assembly?

Ironhorse

Well,the saga continues.

Hooked up the new wire and everything runs. However, there is no flow from the pump. Looks like the filter is clogged. :roll:
Of course, this means that the leak is coming from the return line side of the nozzle and putting in a new filter will probably make the leak worse.
I'm going to put a new small O-ring in first chance I get and if that doesn't work I guess I'll be looking for a new nozzle assembly.

BTW. Anyone have a cross-over part no. for the filter? Didn't find one with search.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks