• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reusing brake line fittings

Gunfreak25

Is it a bad idea to reuse the brake line fittings off the old lines when doing a complete brake system overhaul? I've cracked 1 fitting before when I was trying to loosen it, darn gorilla hands. If one cracked under pressure that would certainly be a bad thing on a single circuit system.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one bad brake cylinder when I bought my truck, and ended up replacing most of the front brake system, just to have a like new brake circuit. Mine is an airforce truck with dual circuit.

If I was on a budget, I would have reused some of the parts, but knowing my truck will stop when I push the brake is a very good feeling to have. If you don't trust the parts you have, replace them for the peace of mind alone.

Note, I am going through my truck rebuilding everything to bring it to near new condition, but that was part of the reason I bought the truck. You can blow through a lot of cash if you are not careful. Ask me how I know. :-D ...But I like my toys in top condition.:driver: