• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REV Truck Air Conditioning

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reading more about the air conditioning system, it clarifies that if the refrigerant escapes quickly, it will also take out with it some of the refrigerant oil.
If that splash above the compressor was indeed the oil, I would guess that about 1oz or less was expelled with the refrigerant and will ask the shop to add about that amount, or see what they recommend.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I moved the truck I found this allen screw in the driveway, 5/16 x 1.75":

IMG_8220.jpeg

Does anyone know where it is used on the truck?
I don't remember removing or replacing this type of screw in any of the truck parts that I worked with.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only place I can think of right away is number 16 on the power steering cooler, there are probably others.
The cooler has two of these, they only show one side.
There are some cap screws in the transfer case but they are metric.

Attachments

Last edited:

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only place I can think of right away is number 16 on the power steering cooler, there are probably others.
The cooler has two of these, they only show one side.
There are some cap screws in the transfer case but they are metric.
When you said metric, it got my attention...therefore correction, my bad, last night I just measured the screw with the calipers and used the numbers that looked closer to standard size screws, however after measuring the thread, it is an M8x1.25mm and the length is about 45mm (175").
Sorry about the 'screw" up.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just searched and found only one screw in all the manuals matching those measurements, it's #4, part of the geared fan drive (6 pieces):

1719525968980.png

1719527245901.png

I will double check when I get home, and I can see making sense, as I found it in the area closer to the front of the truck...the question now being, why did it fall? Why was it loose? As always with these trucks, one thing leads to another :)

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just searched and found only one screw in all the manuals matching those measurements, it's #4, part of the geared fan drive (6 pieces):

View attachment 926703

View attachment 926705

I will double check when I get home, and I can see making sense, as I found it in the area closer to the front of the truck...the question now being, why did it fall? Why was it loose? As always with these trucks, one thing leads to another :)
I would suspect they are all loose and maybe only one fell out, hopefully that is all the damage done :eek:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I moved the truck I found this allen screw in the driveway, 5/16 x 1.75":

View attachment 926602

Does anyone know where it is used on the truck?
I don't remember removing or replacing this type of screw in any of the truck parts that I worked with.
geared fan drive CV joint bolt…not uncommon to have them loose or even missing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks