• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reverse Backup Camera on a Deuce

marsman

Reverse Backup Camera on a 5 ton

Has anyone put a reverse backup camera on their 5 ton? I was talking to a bubby of mine how is an alarm/CCTV installer about it is. He felt it would be pretty easy to install an aftermarket camera built for a car or adapt an outdoor CCTV camera. Right now, I am just tossing around the idea and looking for parts and ideas.

marsman

Has anyone put a reverse backup camera on their Deuce? I was talking to a bubby of mine how is an alarm/CCTV installer about it is. He felt it would be pretty easy to install an aftermarket camera built for a car or adapt an outdoor CCTV camera. Right now, I am just tossing around the idea and looking for parts and ideas.

Nonotagain

Since searching on my phone is a pain, I'll tell you that there was a thread less than two months ago with pics of a camera install.

I was impressed enough to purchase one for myself.

The monitor is 10.2", is color and accepts two cameras. The camera supplied has a view angle of 120 degrees.

I also purchased a couple of different view angle cameras ( a 135 and a 170) so I can find which one works best for my application.

The price for the system has gone up a little since my purchase to around $100.
The cameras from a USA seller run less than $20 each. Watch out for sellers from China and Hong Kong. Deliveries take close to a month from there.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't really need a backup cam but one with a view of the winch would be a good idea. When winching by myself I'm always worried about my line piling up and causing problems.

stampy

I got mine at autozone and mounted it center at the back of my m109a2 (it mounts to the license plate on civy cars. It works well and transmits up to the cab on a 2" screen, good enough to see traffic or obsticles right behind you at least and for 60$ it was a cheap solution.

jsthnt@gmail.com

I just bought the peak gps backup camera. The camera is suppoused to turn on when it is put in reverse. Do you have to hook it up to a togle switch or how do you get the camera on? I am not sure if I want to open the package until I know.
Thanks for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks