• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhino 5/4 RV

Rhino 5/4

Picked up an inverter generator and testing it out. Ac is too small to cool the truck box down from hotIMG_20210724_230314_4CS.jpgIMG_20210724_160642.jpg, going on worse case scenario here. 96* in the sun started at 345. Was cool enough to nap around 5. Night time she keeps it plenty cool but that's all I really need.

Rhino 5/4

Too hot and too much work is getting in the way. Haven't done anything except drive a bit. Got my can rack back from my cad buddy. Hopefully got sent to sheet metal shop this week. Be able to finish rear bumper when I get the can rack

Rhino 5/4

Ac cooled the box off nicely. Looks like I can get about 3 nights on a bottle of propane. Thinking the Big Buddy heater will suffice for winter camping just need to investigate the cab heater/defrost and see what condition it is in. I disconnected everything and it looks like something the PO cobbled in, also had a remote heater in the box but not sure if it would do any good. Planning a trip to Big Bend Ranch State Park over Thanksgiving. Will leave the running gear as is and do the axle swap later. I have not installed the T case cooler yet but thinking that with that installed and cooler ambient temperature I should be fine along with taking plenty of reserve 90W.20210905_093738.jpg20210905_093812.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ac cooled the box off nicely. Looks like I can get about 3 nights on a bottle of propane. Thinking the Big Buddy heater will suffice for winter camping just need to investigate the cab heater/defrost and see what condition it is in. I disconnected everything and it looks like something the PO cobbled in, also had a remote heater in the box but not sure if it would do any good. Planning a trip to Big Bend Ranch State Park over Thanksgiving. Will leave the running gear as is and do the axle swap later. I have not installed the T case cooler yet but thinking that with that installed and cooler ambient temperature I should be fine along with taking plenty of reserve 90W.View attachment 844407View attachment 844410
That looks like a nice peaceful patch there on the river.
Looks like your puppy is doing a good job supervising too.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ac cooled the box off nicely. Looks like I can get about 3 nights on a bottle of propane. Thinking the Big Buddy heater will suffice for winter camping just need to investigate the cab heater/defrost and see what condition it is in. I disconnected everything and it looks like something the PO cobbled in, also had a remote heater in the box but not sure if it would do any good. Planning a trip to Big Bend Ranch State Park over Thanksgiving. Will leave the running gear as is and do the axle swap later. I have not installed the T case cooler yet but thinking that with that installed and cooler ambient temperature I should be fine along with taking plenty of reserve 90W.View attachment 844407View attachment 844410
150 Years ago that sceen right there would have only been different by a horse instead of the truck and Capt Augustus Mcrae (Oliver Loving ) The real name of who Robert Duvals character was actually about and he was a Texas Ranger would have watched out all night for injuns and banditos till time to go back and make biskits Captain Woodrow F Call (Tommy lee Jones character was about Captain Charles Goodnight and these 2 RANGERS have a trail from Young county TX Thru New Mexico Colorado to Cheyenne Wyoming named after them the Goodnights Loving Trail ! Always remember the ones that sat on that creek bank before you .

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
150 Years ago that sceen right there would have only been different by a horse instead of the truck and Capt Augustus Mcrae (Oliver Loving ) The real name of who Robert Duvals character was actually about and he was a Texas Ranger would have watched out all night for injuns and banditos till time to go back and make biskits Captain Woodrow F Call (Tommy lee Jones character was about Captain Charles Goodnight and these 2 RANGERS have a trail from Young county TX Thru New Mexico Colorado to Cheyenne Wyoming named after them the Goodnights Loving Trail ! Always remember the ones that sat on that creek bank before you .
Chucky,

Always remember the ones that sat on that creek bank before you
- Brings a lump to your throat. Just a little...

Nicely Said sir!

Rhino 5/4

Well said sir. Thats is a friends place and has been in the family since the 1800's. My Great Great Grandmother settled in Palo Pinto County on the Brazos in 1847 and story goes that she and Mr. Goodnight were friends. I find lots of peace by these old rivers and reflecting on the past.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well said sir. Thats is a friends place and has been in the family since the 1800's. My Great Great Grandmother settled in Palo Pinto County on the Brazos in 1847 and story goes that she and Mr. Goodnight were friends. I find lots of peace by these old rivers and reflecting on the past.
Wow!!!! Amazing that you would have said that at the same moment that I was making my comment.
That makes the picture and the story even better!

Rhino 5/4

Wow!!!! Amazing that you would have said that at the same moment that I was making my comment.
That makes the picture and the story even better!
Spirit of the wild I guess. Its a shame that we are probably the last that will know and appreciate the past, the beauty of what is natural and peaceful. Too many distractions for the minds of the young to sit, see and take in what is real and true.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Spirit of the wild I guess. Its a shame that we are probably the last that will know and appreciate the past, the beauty of what is natural and peaceful. Too many distractions for the minds of the young to sit, see and take in what is real and true.
A more truthful statement might never have been said.

Today, the youngsters have their heads buried in "that glowy thing" rather than taking in what goes on around them.
There really is magic that a lot of folks our age saw down by the river that are missed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks