• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhino 5/4 RV

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Made some time to do a little fabrication on the old girl today. Have to order plate light, fabricate the can hold downs and install the stay open pin and do a lot of cleaning up on welds but pretty much a good day. View attachment 844978View attachment 844979View attachment 844981View attachment 844983View attachment 844984
Nicely done!

Being able to carry that much fuel / water and in a nice swing away rack is really neat. That ledge to support the weight is a measure of somebody who has been around the block more than once too!

Last edited:

Rhino 5/4

Nicely done!

Being able to carry that much fuel / water and in a nice swing away rack it really neat. That ledge to support the weight is a measure of somebody who has been around the block more than once too!
Thank you. Yes, I don't like trail repairs so I try to put a little extra thought and material in my stuff, beat the crap out of it and see what needs a little more hehe. I tend to be a little hard on my equipment at times. Or so people say anyways 🙄.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you. Yes, I don't like trail repairs so I try to put a little extra thought and material in my stuff, beat the crap out of it and see what needs a little more hehe. I tend to be a little hard on my equipment at times. Or so people say anyways 🙄.
Long years ago before it became an advertising slogan - there was a company that sold Competition Proven hot rod parts here in North Carolina. They had all kinds of things that they custom built. They even had a cam grinder! Guy by the name of Joe Rump ran that machine... I still have a couple of small block Chevy cams hanging around here. :cool:

Holman Moody Competition Proven.png

Sometimes you have to test it before you know how well it works - right!?

Last edited:

Rhino 5/4

Long years ago before it became an advertising slogan - there was a company that sold Competition Proven hot rod parts here in North Carolina. They had all kinds of things that they custom built. They even had a cam grinder! Guy by the name of Joe Rump ran that machine... I still have a couple of small block Chevy cams hanging around here. :cool:

View attachment 845032

Thats cool stuff right there. Yes, I call it identifying weak spots! And I love hangie stuff too

View attachment 845032

yes for sure. That's cool stuff. I love old school, not much into the new computer technology. Granted they can get crazy performance with it but just cant beat the simplicity of air, fuel and spark. Now I get to decorate to suit my interest with the hangie downs hehehe. Never been to either of the Carolinas . I have two daughters in Nashville, maybe I will take the long way home one of these days and check them out. IMG_20210720_193543.jpg20210129_202004.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thats cool stuff right there. Yes, I call it identifying weak spots! And I love hangie stuff too

yes for sure. That's cool stuff. I love old school, not much into the new computer technology. Granted they can get crazy performance with it but just cant beat the simplicity of air, fuel and spark. Now I get to decorate to suit my interest with the hangie downs hehehe. Never been to either of the Carolinas . I have two daughters in Nashville, maybe I will take the long way home one of these days and check them out. View attachment 845058View attachment 845059
Neat! Bet those parts all tell a story too!

Rhino 5/4

Swing lock installed. Think ill see if I can get backup lights done while I ponder on gas can hold downs. I like the ones on my other holders but they don't cover the lids. Like it wouldn't be easier to poke a hole in the bottom and drain the gas if they wanted it that bad. :unsure:20210913_193747.jpg20210913_193727.jpg

Rhino 5/4

Ordered one of these for up front. I have a VA ac and heat in my FJ40 does a great job but I put a lot of insulation and sound deadening in. Think ac in an M725 would be a futile attempt to say the least. I guess I could add another heater if it needs more heat blowing but probably won't have to worry about freezing to death in Texas anyway HA. Screenshot_20210919-211443_Chrome.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ordered one of these for up front. I have a VA ac and heat in my FJ40 does a great job but I put a lot of insulation and sound deadening in. Think ac in an M725 would be a futile attempt to say the least. I guess I could add another heater if it needs more heat blowing but probably won't have to worry about freezing to death in Texas anyway HA. View attachment 845735
Well, it isn't cheap but it is self-contained and it looks like you could feed a defroster hose and a hose to your side of the truck too. If this winter in Texas is like last year - two might be pretty nice. A big piece of cardboard covering about 3/4 of the radiator might be good to keep the radiator warm.

Rhino 5/4

Well, it isn't cheap but it is self-contained and it looks like you could feed a defroster hose and a hose to your side of the truck too. If this winter in Texas is like last year - two might be pretty nice. A big piece of cardboard covering about 3/4 of the radiator might be good to keep the radiator warm.
Yes I have to cardboard my FJ40 too. I hope we never have anything like that again plus not sure if the all knowing ones learned anything about how dependable a windmill is in an ice storm or how efficient a solar panel is when its cloudy . 🤔. MREs and propane are my new best friends hehehe.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes I have to cardboard my FJ40 too. I hope we never have anything like that again plus not sure if the all knowing ones learned anything about how dependable a windmill is in an ice storm or how efficient a solar panel is when its cloudy . 🤔. MREs and propane are my new best friends hehehe.
Yes Indeed! Nothing like a little propane, maybe some heat tabs for a really bad day and some MREs in the kit.

It amazes me how the solar panels are always on top of the house. Climb up there to sweep it off and fall and break your neck... We have a few of those solar farms here that are built on the ground - but as you said - the all knowing don't ever seem to give any thought to two cloudy days in a row. Windmills are neat looking from a distance. Other than that, not so much.

That cardboard trick was one that I discovered on my 1976 Chevy Pickup truck. It never got warm in the winter before then...

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Had a minute to bend up the heater bracket after work. Hopefully get to do a little installation this weekend. And a little off topic but my plates came in for my carrier today. Now to loose the tummy so it will not bounce a round through my nose.:oops:
YaHoo! That would be exciting for sure!
Bracket looks good too. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks