• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhino 5/4 RV

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So I missed out on a cucv. He sold them all before I got back with the money. Guess I'll have to piece the axle swap together. Did see these jewels. Time and money. Oh, and some big tools and jacks hehehe.View attachment 846317View attachment 846318
Yeah! So, the question is why in the world would you need two of those?
ANSWER: Because we can - Right!?

That would be a lot of fun. Build it with some solar on the roof and some batteries and a small generator just in case. A place to hang out in the woods and a fine spot if you just want to get away from it all for a few days. From a distance they look pretty good...

Rhino 5/4

Yeah! So, the question is why in the world would you need two of those?
ANSWER: Because we can - Right!?

That would be a lot of fun. Build it with some solar on the roof and some batteries and a small generator just in case. A place to hang out in the woods and a fine spot if you just want to get away from it all for a few days. From a distance they look pretty good...
I didn't have time to paw on them. I would love to have the green one and work some magic on it. Too many projects now 😪

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I didn't have time to paw on them. I would love to have the green one and work some magic on it. Too many projects now 😪
I understand that!

Thankfully the weather here is changing.
Down about twenty degrees to high 70's and low 80's.
I see some work happening here on my projects real soon.

Rhino 5/4

I understand that!

Thankfully the weather here is changing.
Down about twenty degrees to high 70's and low 80's.
I see some work happening here on my projects real soon.
Yes. I'm hoping work gets back to a manageable level soon so I can get things done. It's definitely cooler and more project friendly here too.

Rhino 5/4

Thinking out loud here. It looks like the M1009 Blazer has the same TH400 and transfer case as the pickup and the old man has a bunch of the M1009 still. My thoughts are to buy a blazer and pull the transmission and case out and either sell the rest of the truck for scrap or if i can get one cheap enough, get one with a good body and possibly fix up for grand sons to have in a few years. All I will need to find is a Dana 60 front from a CUCV, I already have a Dana 70HD dually hubs for the rear. The end result I'm looking for is swap in a TH400 and NP208 behind the Chebby 350 already in the truck, Dana 60 front and Dana 70HD 4:56 gears and Detroit locker in rear.

Rhino 5/4

So I pulled the trigger on a M1009 parts truck. Have to go load it and the Dana 70 when I get a free weekend and dries up. Thinking the auto tyranny will be a good swap for easier driving and I probably won't be doing too much rock crawling with the old girl ha! Had to add a frame mount fuel pump for the reserve tank. In tank pump failed. What I get for buying the cheap crap. Got the heater and switches mounted just need to plumb in.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We blowin hot air now. Need to go to the parts truck and see if the defrost thingies are there. Ones broke and the other is missing. Vintage air makes good stuff. Got a few things tidied up on the inside while paint was drying. Taking the boys camping next weekend. View attachment 846978
I know yall will have a blast !!!

Rhino 5/4

We are going South Dakota the end of this month to hunt pheasant. So I asked my buddy if he wanted to go in the rv? He actually said yes. So as if today we planning on putting the ol girl to the test. Have a rattle in the case I'm not sure of have to do some investigating. It's in the 2 to 4 shifter. Sounds like it's trying to shift into 4 but doesn't do it all the time. I tried moving the shifter to different places but doesn't seem to make it go away. Gonna try messing with the shaft and see if that helps.

Rhino 5/4

Accelerator pedal was a PO rigging and just had a nub to mash on so I fixed it, er um I hope! and braced up the driver side bottom storage, cut and drilled the plywood like it needed to go. Down to sanding and sealing. 20211006_222925.jpg20211006_213224.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yall are something else.
Mullaney used to drive my elementry school bus and always gave me shat when he would greet all the children getting on the bus in the mornings when i got on he would tell me (Whats up fat ass ? Go sit down) and he would never help me get my walker up the steps he would just holler to everyone that FATASS is going to make yall all late for school . So me and him go way back!!!!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mullaney used to drive my elementry school bus and always gave me shat when he would greet all the children getting on the bus in the mornings when i got on he would tell me (Whats up fat ass ? Go sit down) and he would never help me get my walker up the steps he would just holler to everyone that FATASS is going to make yall all late for school . So me and him go way back!!!!
Well now chucky, if you had't have made us sit there in the middle of the highway - with everybody blowing their horns - while you waddled to the back of the bus... AND then you would go to sleep on the way to school. Or go to sleep on the way home , and then your nanny would come roaring out of the driveway and chase me down. When the other students decided to cut your walker up and burned it in the back of the bus - while you were sleeping - you dang near got me fired! :cool:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My buddy has a cutting table. He and his wife do metal art.
That's neat Rhino 5/4 . We have a 60x120 table here that has a router and a bunch of other tools for cutting and scoring and even sawing metal, wood, aluminum, plastic, nylon... Heck, you already know. Those things are really neat. If you can imagine it, the computer and a little brain power will turn material into magic for sure!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks