• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhino 5/4 RV

Rhino 5/4

Well now chucky, if you had't have made us sit there in the middle of the highway - with everybody blowing their horns - while you waddled to the back of the bus... AND then you would go to sleep on the way to school. Or go to sleep on the way home , and then your nanny would come roaring out of the driveway and chase me down. When the other students decided to cut your walker up and burned it in the back of the bus - while you were sleeping - you dang near got me fired! :cool:
Ahhh the good ol days when we could actually tease, joke have fun and get away with it. Now we do get fired and if we are lucky that's all.

Rhino 5/4

About 6 months ago I was at the old man's store and saw this cool table that I had no idea how i was going to use but couldn't pass up. After much head scratching and fretting over it, it all came together like it was PBnJ. No idea what it was intendedfor other than mashing mashing fingers and blood blisters. 20211011_204441.jpg20211011_204647.jpg

Rhino 5/4

Installed a Hmmwv power steering cooler I found at the parts yard. Going to try the laws of thermaldynamics before I put a pump on. Watching the gage I don't think the case needs a whole lot to keep the fluid at a decent temperature and winter is coming. Fixed the case shifter gear rattle. 2/4 shifter linkage was out of adjustment. Found my mysterious bad ujointand changed the. Relearning to pay attention to where the grease zirk needs to be or you have to take it all apart to grease. Grrrrrrrr.20211015_220209.jpg20211016_120556.jpg20211016_120612.jpg20211016_120536.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Installed a Hmmwv power steering cooler I found at the parts yard. Going to try the laws of thermaldynamics before I put a pump on. Watching the gage I don't think the case needs a whole lot to keep the fluid at a decent temperature and winter is coming. Fixed the case shifter gear rattle. 2/4 shifter linkage was out of adjustment. Found my mysterious bad ujointand changed the. Relearning to pay attention to where the grease zirk needs to be or you have to take it all apart to grease. Grrrrrrrr.View attachment 848083View attachment 848084View attachment 848085View attachment 848086
Yes Sir!

What the TM does NOT tell you is to index the Zerks!
Aligning all the grease fittings on the U-Joint so everything can be greased all at one time...
Much less rolling back and forward is a royal pain - especially when you know you (me) caused it...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another good day. I just love metal. If you don't like what you made, cut it off and weld it back until you do. Found a storage spot for the table and installed the second back up light. Spare fuel tank brackets and rear bumper will be done with fabrication. View attachment 848185View attachment 848186
And remember grinder and paint makes me the welder i aint !!! LOOKIN GOOD!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats strange i spent part of the day on a 279 ! Skid steers have come a long ways since cat got in the mix

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes quite so. I spent all morning worrying about busting out the door glass. Grrrrrrr.
The first thing i said to the owner i started into a cut the dirt starts rolling up in the bucket and falls back onto the door glass ! door to close to the bucket for sure and ive been on this 279 a while now with a mulcher head on it and every Fnnn time i cut the machine off the hoist is a inch to high and the door cant open then sit back down and go thru all that BS to get it started again its the first machine ive gotten back on from the old days and we never had glass on nothing but track hoes and i guess the ac is a good thing but i hate not having fresh air blowing across me all day

Rhino 5/4

The first thing i said to the owner i started into a cut the dirt starts rolling up in the bucket and falls back onto the door glass ! door to close to the bucket for sure and ive been on this 279 a while now with a mulcher head on it and every Fnnn time i cut the machine off the hoist is a inch to high and the door cant open then sit back down and go thru all that BS to get it started again its the first machine ive gotten back on from the old days and we never had glass on nothing but track hoes and i guess the ac is a good thing but i hate not having fresh air blowing across me all day
Yes I was happy with sticks and didn't have to pick up a shovel and didn't need all the extra crap.

Rhino 5/4

Haven't cooked any yet. Been catching up at work and having withdrawals from our trip. Vacation DT's sux hehehe. We are planning to go to Hot Springs next week with the SxSs but the throw out bearing is squealing bad. It did not have a return spring on the yoke and I think it was riding on the pressure plate and boiled all the grease out of it. I put a spring on it and was going to try to drill a little hole and inject some grease in it to see if it will hold together long enough to get me through the winter camping and I can get the TH400 and Tcase checked out, resealed and swapped out. I really don't want to unbolt all that stuff just to change a throw out bearing and then turn around and jerk it all out but may have to, kinda getting attached to the ol girl.
I did manage to purchase a 14" naval round that came off BB-35 yesterday. Going to get it tomorrow. If it is what I think (#1500 dummy practice round) it might be a little chore. It was in a park that I use to go to when I was a kid and always thought it was really cool and they are closing the park and auctioned everything off, soooo, my skewed brain rationalized it pretty quick and here we go. Not sure what to do with such a treasure but I am sure I will find something. Wonder if anyone else on SS has a 4' AP projectile as a piece of furniture in their living room????

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Haven't cooked any yet. Been catching up at work and having withdrawals from our trip. Vacation DT's sux hehehe. We are planning to go to Hot Springs next week with the SxSs but the throw out bearing is squealing bad. It did not have a return spring on the yoke and I think it was riding on the pressure plate and boiled all the grease out of it. I put a spring on it and was going to try to drill a little hole and inject some grease in it to see if it will hold together long enough to get me through the winter camping and I can get the TH400 and Tcase checked out, resealed and swapped out. I really don't want to unbolt all that stuff just to change a throw out bearing and then turn around and jerk it all out but may have to, kinda getting attached to the ol girl.
I did manage to purchase a 14" naval round that came off BB-35 yesterday. Going to get it tomorrow. If it is what I think (#1500 dummy practice round) it might be a little chore. It was in a park that I use to go to when I was a kid and always thought it was really cool and they are closing the park and auctioned everything off, soooo, my skewed brain rationalized it pretty quick and here we go. Not sure what to do with such a treasure but I am sure I will find something. Wonder if anyone else on SS has a 4' AP projectile as a piece of furniture in their living room????
Congratulations on your new furniture!

Sometimes we just need things like that.
Makes a nice conversation starter too :cool:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[/QUO Well if they dont you will be the first one on the block to have one and on the duck I would cook some bacon and throw the duck out the window u will have a much better meal lol ! Everybody tells me oh you just wrap the duck meat with bacon its so good B,S, bacons real good just by itself

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks