• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhino Liner in a M1009

taylordc15

The rubber mat in my CUCV is worn out and after having a gallon of fuel additive spilled in it I tore it all out. Looking for comments from anyone that has had the inside sprayed with bedliner, did you do it all the way through? Start behind the drivers seat? How much off a difference did it make with noise?

Has anyone else seen one that came from the military with a wooden floor in it?
should I put it back in over the bedliner or pull it out?

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The liner you have currently is actually part of the arctic kit I believe.

As for the lining, I am planning on using LINE-X on mine as are some other folks I have talked to. I am having mine lined in tan LINE-X to help reduce the heat also. Should have it finished within the next 60 days or so.

A member from here that I have not heard from in a long time is MAJORMOD. He has LINE-X in his and the photos of his truck can be found in the photo gallery. BTW it also has a snorkel and some other neat additions.

Hope this helps.

gt1009

I have it in mine, I didn't do it but the guy that owned the truck before me put it in. It's nice to have, as you don't have to worry as much about spills or melted snow in the truck. I can't compare with noise, since I didn't have the truck without the rhino liner. My only complaints are that it gets very hot inside if you leave the windows up on a hot summer day, and that I always scrape my fingers getting stuff in and out due to the rough surface. Not a big deal though, I'm just whining.

ygmir

does anyone know if you can get the stuff and spray it yourself?
Tools? suppliers? can you use airless spray guns?
thanks,
Henry

Crash_AF

Durabak says that you can spray it yourself with undercoating spray guns... I'm probably going to give that a try with my CUCV Suburban project.

Later,
Joe

Rickyoday

Here are three pics of my Suburban conversion. I used the roll on Herculiner and was very pleased with the results. I doubt the roll on, or spay on bed liners, will reduce the road/engine noise much...driving a CUCV is kinda like driving a hailstorm...noisy!
Sorry the floors are so dirty...I didn't have time to wash the truck out yet.
Rick

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen Ricks truck in person, it's wicked awesome. Here's where I get forgetful though. Rick, did you incorporate the BO light switches and wiring into the truck? I really kick myself in the keester for not buying it when it was on Ebay.

Rickyoday

Recovry4x4 said:
IHi Kenny,
Thanks for the kind words. I have yet to wire up the B/O switches, but it is in the works. I bought a pair of I/R lights from Medlog that I will be installing this week, and they'll be incorporated into the B/O system. I have several other mods I'm woking on, and I am seriously considering a "Frybrid" conversion since diesel shows no signs of coming down...$4.50 a gallon here.
Rick

REGULATOR

I posted some pics of mine a while back
I had mine done from front to back.. not sure if its any quieter, but looks 100% better and less worry..

I don't plan on selling this one so I looked at it as an investment.

was around 400 I believe. but that included some welding work I had them do as well.

four_by_ken

I have my interior and exterior lined (Speedliner) and it did next to nothing for sound or heat.

It is real nice though and wouldnt hesitate to do it again.

I have also used the do it yourself Herculiner and it doesnt come close to comparing to a Rhino, Line-X or Speedliner job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks