• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhino non-bumper mount kit

http://www.rhinolift.com/pdfs/RICO HMMWV Literature.pdf

Has anyone ever seen the non bumper mount kits for sale or in the wild? I can't tell from the first picture what the kit entails, or if it would be hard to fabricate mounts for a Rhino or Ibis Tek tire carrier and keep the orginial bumper mine has, which is the angled inwards version. I'd like to make it simple and just get an air lift bumper, but the prices those are going for now are getting up there.

My other question is if anyone has a good, clear picture of the upgraded 3400 lb bumper. I'm curious if it is at least flush with the rear of the truck or not.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never seen one in 30years....but the trucks listed all have bumpers.
FWIW, the bumper is a safety factor to me, also is I get rear ended, I don't have to replace my fenders and D- beam at minimum. fender damage will happen even if you back into something due to the lack of rear vision easily enough.
so I put bumpers on all my trucks....except so far my shop truck.

After seeing how these mounts are pretty much non existant, and the added benefit of a full rear bumper, I've decided to pony up for one. Took a few hours of searching around and making a scribbled mess on a piece of paper with all the part numbers and prices, but at least have a bumper and most of the parts ordered. The long inner brackets seem harder to find... thanks for the help