• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Richmond, VA 915A1 Pickup

Rebelpride

I won an M915A1 and have an EUC awaiting approval in Battle Creek and would like to know if anyone will be able to move the truck off base until a weekend so that my dad can come pick it up for me? Thanks.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just get it trucked home? I MAPQUESTed your trip home (d***, there are six towns in NC named Concord) so I am not sure the exact mileage. One of the towns named Concord is 275 miles away, although some of the others are a bit closer. So, at two dollars a mile you are looking at $550 to have the truck shipped home. That does not sound too bad. Admittedly, it's not what all the cool kids are doing. If you need suggestions for a trucker, I know a great guy in VA who has a detach. He hauls for me all the time. Good luck.

AMGeneral

I could probably go pick it up and truck it to concord,the 915 and lowboy are tested and ready,i'd just have to get a permit for VA(easily done).I'm familiar with the 915 series trucks,just need a few days warning to plan.

fasttruck

Reference am general and hauling m915a1s on 25 ton trailers: I rfecall doing this in the service and it would only work if you had a ground ramp to drive straight across on and off as using the ramps on the trailer created too sharp a transition which would bring the fuel tank down onto the trailer whenm on end was on the ramp and one on the trailer. Brought one on post once with a m 172 and drove it across onto an 870 40t to get it to the ground.

Did not get enouigh punishment driving 915s in the service so i rfecently bought one from gl for myself. Inspite of a carfefull screening of auction pictgures, when the euc clearfed and i presented
myself to receive it the following problems were detected on inspection:

1. All four batteries shorted out probably from freeing last winter while dead.
2. Front hub cap broken journal lubricant now thoroughly contaminated.
3. Class 3 leak tgransmission oil cooler line.
4. Radiator cap missing.
5. Rear mud flaps missing.
6. Two turn signals inoperative.
7. Electric horn inoperative.
8. One headlight inoperative.
9. All tires underinflated.

Other problems exist with heater etc. But 1-8 will get you either broke down on the road or out of service when dot truck inspector sees you. Fortunately i have a trailer and brought the dead horse home that way. The often stated idea of driving a gl win home is usually too optimistic for reality though jatonka told me he got the pick of the litter of 915s at fort drum and filled the fuel tank
and drove that bad boy home so it can happen.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks