• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Riddle me this

Shizzlemah

Just picked up a trailer mounted genset (pics to come...)

Gen was missing the oil filter, air filter,batteriy, no oil in the crankcase (petcock open), and battery terminals were taped over.

Anyone have any ideas on what would lead to that condition of a diesel engine? My only guess is that the engine was in the middle of a PM when it was decided to be scrapped?

Thoughts?

JeepMan

Or it was the way the unit prepped it for turn-in.
You know how it is. One Sgt says to do it this way and another says no- this is the way and then yet another comes along and says --

Shizzlemah

It was actually in the scrapyard of the base, not the DRMO staging area, so maybe it was prepped for the crusher - all fuids out. I'll have to check the fuel tank to see if that holds true.

Edit - yup, no oils anywhere. The fuel tank was drained, and so was the crankcase of the oil compressor too. Hope she fires up!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks